I. Background Ideas
- WHO statement that 1 from 4 of the world population will suffer from cancer. In 2030 cancer case will increase 7 times more than present time in developing country.
- The government has spent enormous fund to support health, professionals, medical equipment and treatment facilities. However, mortality and morbidity due to cancer in Indonesia is increasing significantly from year to year.
- YKW (Cancer Foundation Wisnuwardhana) need to further improve its work in the service of humanity by creating a groundbreaking effort that is expected to contribute to cancer prevention efforts.
- Creating opportunities to penetrate and intervene in the fight against cancer at this stage of promotion, prevention, early detection, diagnostic, curative, rehabilitative and palliative.
- Determining priorities on efforts to combat cancer in stages of promotion and prevention to cause "Public Awareness" through information dissemination, education and counseling.
- Creating a museum as a means of cancer awareness and learning center to all who are interested in preventing cancer.
Becoming a major cancer museum in the world
- Storing and displaying a collection of history, culture, and a series of goods that can be detected with basic human senses, relating to the stages of cancer prevention: promotion, prevention, early detection, diagnostic, curative, rehabilitative and palliative.
- Making education museum that can also be utilized for community service, research and entertainment.
- Work together with various parties to promote cancer prevention efforts
Museum as a mean of learning and developing strategies for cancer prevention efforts